This content is password protected. To view it please enter your password below:
This form asks you to provide your boat length in metres. Here is a feet to metres conversion tool, if needed.
JOINING FEEThe Joining Fee applies to all new applications and is calculated at 25% of the annual subscription for the class of membership required. Members who have not renewed their membership by the 31st of January will be notified of a failure to renew. Should the fees remain unpaid as of 14th of FEBRUARY, the membership will be considered as lapsed and be required to rejoin with payment of the appropriate Joining Fee.
ADULT MEMBERSHIPAdult member aged 16 years or over.
YOUTH MEMBERSHIPA youth member aged 12 years or over and not over 15 years.
HOUSEHOLD MEMBERSHIPOpen to a group of members normally residing in the same place of residence.
CONCESSIONARY MEMBERSHIPopen to a member aged 16 years or over, who is registered unemployed, in full-time education, or undertaking a modern apprenticeship at the time of annual application for that year.
ASSOCIATE MEMBERSHIPA member who wishes to partake in the social activities of the Club only.
HONORARY MEMBERSHIPa position appointed by the Board to a member who has given long and outstanding service to the Club.
MID-SEASON APPLICATIONSNew applicants joining after 15th JULY shall be required to pay the full Joining Fee if applicable. All other subscriptions and fees will be charged at 50% of the normal rate.
MOORING & RACING FEES (FORE AND AFT BERTHS)This fee is in respect of the use of a mooring space in the area leased by the club in the west harbour, from crane-in to crane-out and also entitles the member to participate in the Club Series Races for the season. The fee is calculated at the rate of £36.00 per metre of overall length rounded up to the nearest tenth of a metre. An application for the continuation of a previously allocated mooring space shall be accompanied by the appropriate fee and submitted at the same time as the membership renewal application.
MOORING & RACING FEES (PONTOON BERTHS)This fee is in respect of the use of a mooring space in the area leased by the club in the east dock from crane-in to crane-out and also entitles the member to participate in the Club Series Races for the season. The fee is calculated at the rate of £90.00 per metre of overall length rounded up to the nearest tenth of a metre. For invoicing purposes, the minimum boat length for pontoon berths is 8m. An application for the continuance of a previously allocated mooring space shall be accompanied by the appropriate fee and submitted at the same time as the membership renewal application. If the member wishes their boat to be stored in the yard over the winter, additional cranage and winter storage rates will apply for the winter period.
SUMMER STORAGESummer storage in the club yard is charged at £25 per metre.
WINTER STORAGEFor boat owners, dues paid for the current sailing season do NOT cover winter storage costs. These will fall due after the October crane-out and will be charged at £25 per metre for members’ boats in the yard as well as for members’ boats that remain on the pontoons.
DONATION TO RNLI FUNDSThis fee is mandatory with all personal and family membership applications.
INSURANCE -The minimum Third Party Indemnity required for all member yachts is £3,000,000. The Committee strongly recommends that owners obtain fully comprehensive insurance in respect of their craft.
INSURANCE CERTIFICATESThe provision of insurance cover is the sole responsibility of each boat-owner. The Club, as a service to its members, requires that a copy of the Certificate of Insurance, for all member yachts must be submitted for inspection by the Secretary along with the mooring application. Applications submitted without a copy of a valid insurance certificate cannot be processed.
REFUNDSMembership and Entrance Fees, once paid, will not be refunded except at the discretion of the Board of Directors in cases of financial hardship and then repayment shall be pro-rata with the unexpired part of the season.
CLUB RULESA copy of the Club and Mooring Rules are located adjacent to the clubroom notice board, or on request from the Secretary.
ENQUIRIESClick here to send an enquiry about this membership application or renewal.
1. Maximum length of stay: 2 days/nights, unless otherwise agreed with Pontoon Management.
2. You may stay for up to four hours free of charge. If you leave your boat while on a temporary visit to our pontoons, please be certain to leave your mobile number visibly on display in the window so that you can be contacted in the event of any urgency.
3. For stays of more than 4 hours or overnight, you must use this form to request a berth and pay in advance via bank transfer. Upon submission of the form, you will soon receive a return email, confirming if the space is available and advising how to pay.
4. Fees. For BSC members, £10 per day. For non-BSC members, £20 per day. To qualify for the BSC Members’ rate, your membership type must be either FULL or HOUSEHOLD.
5. Boats must moor as required by BSC Ltd. The Club reserves the right to refuse, shift or remove any craft if required, at the owner’s risk.
6. The pontoons must not be obstructed at any time by fenders, dinghies, kit bags or any other item.
7. Any refuse must be disposed of responsibly.
8. The security gate must be kept closed when not in use and the access code not disclosed to third parties.
9. The Club accepts no liability for any loss or damage arising out of the negligence of the Club, any of the Club’s Directors or any member’s or visitor’s negligence.
10. In the event of any damage caused by a visiting boat or crew, visitors’ contact details may be shared with relevant third parties.
Please note: No requested berth is confirmed until you receive acknowledgement of payment.